The Small Business Jobs Grant Fund provides financial assistance to companies that are creating new jobs through expansion or start-up. The grant range anywhere from $500-$2,000 per job created.
To qualify for the program, the company must be:
- A manufacturer
- A distributor
- A company involved in research and development
- An IT company that services businesses
- An inbound call center
- A company that is moving their corporate headquarters to Virginia.
Additionally, the company MUST:
- Create at least 5 new full-time jobs in Virginia
- Make a capital investment of at least $100,000
- Pay a minimum of $9.79 an hour
- Have 50 percent of their revenue from out of state
It is important to note that this program is performance based. The company must create the jobs in order to receive the grant. The grant is issued after the employee has been on payroll for at least 90 days.
For further information regarding this grant, please contact Duc Truong with the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity.