The fourth set of finalists for the 2021 Start Peninsula was announced following an online Micro Pitch Competition. The finalists were Care Concierge, Khitech – Windshield Protector and True-Rep. In total, 10 pitchers participated.
- Care Concierge is a concierge service for residents of assisted living facilities and their families.
- Khitech – Windshield Protector is an automotive composed phone screen protector made to protect your windshield from cracks, chips, and shatters.
- True-Rep assists political candidates to run successful campaigns for representative office. Currently, little help is available to candidates who are not willing to pledge loyalty to a major party.
Each finalist will receive a $500 prize and the chance to participate in the Wednesday, November 3rd Main Pitch Event where they will have an opportunity to win $5,000 to support their business growth and continuing access to local resources.
The main pitch event will feature last night’s winners as well as nine companies that have already qualified to participate: Bonilla Pet Studio, C.A.S.S.I.E., EWedded, eZverifi, Green Light Auctions, LetsVidya, NerdFlex, Pocket Properties App and Spellcross
Judges for the fourth Micro Pitch Competition included:
- Erica McMannes, Founder of Instant Teams
- Carlton Campbell, Technical Program Director at Anthem
- Zack Miller, Author of Anomaly
Start Peninsula 2021 is hosted by the City of Newport News, in partnership with the Cities of Hampton, Williamsburg and Poquoson and the Counties of James City and York. Start Peninsula has been held annually in different Peninsula localities since 2012. For more information about Start Peninsula please visit its website, Facebook page or the FAQ page.