Attention City Businesses: Click here for COVID-19/Coronavirus Business Assistance


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
In order to install a building-mounted or freestanding sign, a business must make an application to the Architectural Review Board, which will evaluate the sign for compliance with the Architectural Guidelines.  Details about sign regulations are located in Article VI of the City Zoning Ordinance.

Our Planning Department offers first class service and is the best resource for details about sign requirements. Contact the City Planning Department at (757) 220-6130 or

The Williamsburg Economic Development Authority offers a sign replacement grant program that assists local businesses and property owners who wish to bring their existing signs into compliance with the signage requirements.